CHELSEA KOMSCHLIES, COMPOSER
Chelsea Komschlies draws heavily on deep, abstract visual and conceptual associations in her compositional process. She focuses on finding unexpected textures and techniques to sonically evoke the original complex idea, resulting in a musical sound world that is both adventurous and immediately affective.
I am working on inputting past and future performances and other news for the new news section below and into my events page. If you’ve performed a work or are planning to, please send me a note at firstname.lastname@example.org so I can include it in the list. Thanks!
- Jul 27, 2019 Upcoming premiere by Alarm Will Sound at the Mizzou New Music Festival Jul 27, 2019
- Jul 24, 2019 Upcoming premiere by the Laissez-Paire at ICA's ClarinetFest in Knoxville, TN Jul 24, 2019
- Feb 27, 2019 Upcoming oratorio premiere in the Philadelphia Bach Festival Feb 27, 2019
- Jan 29, 2019 Chelsea is named a 2019 Copland House CULTIVATE Fellow Jan 29, 2019
- Jan 1, 2019 Shortlisted in Hastings Philharmonic Mustafa Kemal Atatürk Composition Competition Jan 1, 2019
- Dec 20, 2018 Winner of the Key City Winds Composition Competition Dec 20, 2018
- Nov 18, 2018 Nominated for Best Music in the Tampa Bay Underground Film Festival Nov 18, 2018
- Nov 14, 2018 Honorable Mention in the Red Note Composition Competition, orchestra category Nov 14, 2018
- Jul 8, 2018 Performance by the Crescent Duo at ICA ClarinetFest in Belgium Jul 8, 2018
- Apr 17, 2018 Finalist in the ASCAP Foundation Morton Gould Young Composer Awards Apr 17, 2018
- Nov 4, 2017 Performance by CAMARADA on REMIXX Concert Series at Bread & Salt, San Diego, CA Nov 4, 2017
- Mar 30, 2017 Finalist in the ASCAP Foundation Morton Gould Young Composer Awards Mar 30, 2017
An Inside Look at Chelsea's Music
Take a guided tour of Chelsea's inspiration, process, sound world, and influences.